Gameduell Inc

125x125 darts button

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Card Sharks

I remember growing up in the 1970's watching Jim Perry hosting Card Sharks.  I loved the opening music from it and when they would spit a poem something like ace is high duece is low, call it right and win the dough on Card Sharks.  I would sit there and be happy when it came on as a little child.   When i was a little kid my grandpa build me a  Card Shark board and I would act like a game show host.  It was tons of fun to do and tons of fun to watch.  People getting happy and winning money.  Card Sharks was the first gameshow when i was a kid that actually got me to love gameshows to this day.  I even remember the rules very well.  Before the show each player has there own deck of 52 playing cards cut and shuffled before they went on the air.  The object of the game was to get all the way across the board predicting whether the next card would be higher or lower than the previous card.  Before they called the cards they had to answer a poll question that was asked by 100 people.   To some people this was a boring gameshow but to me it was so exciting to watch.  I liked it too because it was simple to understand.  I also loved the bonus round when they played the money cards and started with $200 and bet at least $50 or more on the turn of a card until they got to the top level where they had to bet half of there winnings.  In the 80s Card Sharks came back with Bob Eubanks from the Newlywed Game and a syndication version hosted by Bill Raffety.  My parents wouldn't let me watch this version because they thought the questions were too dirty.  While Bob Eubanks was my favorite version of Card Sharks to watch played I still like Jim Perry's because of the opening music and he seemed into the game.  I bought the board game of Card Sharks that was released and enjoy it.  I also went to http://www.joytube.com/ and played  there version too.  Card Sharks was revived later by host Pat Bullard but this version was no where near close to the classic versions.  I feel that this is a gameshow that deserves a revival and to also be on PC, wii, XBOX 360, PS3, PS2, PSP and hand held too.  So come and comment and share your memories with me of Card Sharks. 

No comments: